The goal of the challenge is to abstain from buying new books or in my case, follow a monthly budget for book purchases and focus instead on reading books that you already own. Check the specific guidelines on the hosts’ web pages for more information.
Here are the levels that you can choose from:
Yellow Belt —-> 1-10 books: shake hands with your shelves
Blue Belt —->11-20 books: pat your shelves on the back
Green Belt —->21-30 books: give your shelves a warm friendly hug
Purple Belt —->31-40 books: regular date night with your shelves
Brown Belt —-> 41-50 books: my shelves are now my bff
Black Belt —->51+ books: my shelves and I are going steady
I’ve gone way over budget in 2014 when it came to buying books. I totally didn’t think of a ceiling and now my savings are low and I need to rein in my extreme book-buying tendencies. And I think this challenge will help me cope with book-buying withdrawals that I’m sure I’ll experience soon enough.
For this challenge, I’m going to go with Green Belt and aim to read 21 – 30 books. I think this is a great challenge since it allows me to tackle that ever growing TBR pile at home so *crosses fingers*.
- The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater
- Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
- Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers
- Midnight Thief by Livia Blackburne
- Alienated by Melissa Landers
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
- Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
- Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini
- On the Fence by Kasie West
- This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales
- Splintered by A.G. Howard
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer
- It Happened One Wedding by Julie James
- Red Rising by Pierce Brown (eBook)
- The Chocolate Heart by Laura Florand
- Shadowed Heart by Laura Florand (eBook)
- Safe in the Tycoon’s Arms by Jennifer Faye (eBook)
- Her Kind of Trouble by Sarah Mayberry (eBook)
- The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson (eBook)
- Looking for Alibrandi by Melina Marchetta
- Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
So far, that’s my list. I have to double-check the books at home to check if I’ve missed something (I think I did) and update this post as necessary.
Join in if you want to (you know you want to…).