I know this has been a long time coming. First of all, I would like to thank Emmanuel @ Emdawg’s Book Blog, Monique @ Something to Browse, and Anissa @ The Bookworm Central for nominating me for the Liebster Award. Check out their posts by clicking on their websites.
The Liebster Award is a great way to feature new blogs and to get to know new book bloggers in the process. There are variations as to the guidelines of how to proceed with this award but here are the basics:
- Link back to the person/blog who nominated you.
- Answer the questions they set for the blogs they nominated.
- List 11 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 10 blogs (preferably those with less than 200 followers) and be sure to let them know with a link to your post.
- Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
I decided to do just one post for the Liebster award, combining all my answers here.
Thank you again to Emmanuel. Here are my answers to his questions:
10. Describe yourself in one word. Enduring.
Thank you again to Monique. Here are my answers to her questions:
1) Who is your favorite author? So many and one of them is Susan Elizabeth Phillips.
2) Are you an introvert, extrovert, or ambivert? Oh, I’m definitely an introvert.
3) How many books do you have in your TBR pile? Gosh, I haven’t counted but definitely a lot.
4) Why did you decide to become a book blogger? I wanted to have an outlet for my love of books and reading.
5) Besides reading and blogging, what are some of your favorite things to do in your spare time? I love to travel and I also love watching TV shows and movies.
6) If you could choose a fictional character to be your best friend, who would you choose, and why? I’d love to be BFFs with Kenji from The Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi. Because he gives great advices and I’ve never had a guy best friend before.
7) Do you play any type of sports? If so, which ones? I seldom do sports. If ever, I just do badminton but for purely recreational reasons. lol 🙂
8) Are there any books that you regret reading? I don’t think I’ve ever regretted reading a book.
9) What’s your favorite type of food? Lots! I love Filipino food but I also love Korean, Italian, American, and Chinese food.
10) This is my favorite question to ask. Out of all the books you’ve ever read, what three books would you most recommend? There are so many I would love to recommend to readers but if I have to pick three I’d probably pick Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta, The Queen of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner, and Match Me If You Can by Susan Elizabeth Phillips.
Thank you again to Anissa. Here are my answers to her questions:
1. What is your favorite book-to-movie adaption? Divergent by Veronica Roth
2. What is your favorite book and why? I have a lot of favorite books. Since I already answered something above, I’ll go this time with The Queen of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner. I love the prose and the story and the characters.
3. Which do you prefer: Coffee or Tea? Tea.
4. Which do you prefer: Read the book or see the movie? Read the book.
5. What is your favorite music genre? Alternative, maybe.
6. Black or white? Black
7. Glass half empty or glass half full? Glass half full
8. Where do see, or hope to see, yourself in 5 years? I hope I have a steady and high-paying career and that I’m still blogging and enjoying reading.
9. What are your three major goals at the moment? Finish my MA, excel in my scholarship in Japan, start dating (lol ^_^)
10. Books with pictures or book without pictures? Book without pictures
11. Find the nearest book. Open it to page 36. The first line describes your life, what does it read? “But did you, Joe?” lol That doesn’t make any sense with my life whatsoever but it is from one of my favorite reads of 2014, The Piper’s Son by Melina Marchetta.
11 Random Facts About Me:
- I have a cat named Momoko.
- I’m turning the big 30 this year.
- I might be moving to Japan for 2 years this year for a scholarship.
- I’m right-handed.
- I’ve never learned how to drive.
- I have the greatest fear of snakes.
- I have every single book by Susan Elizabeth Phillips.
- I’m a hopeless romantic.
- I’ve traveled to South Korea once and would love to visit it again.
- When I went to Macau for vacation and visited a casino (purely for tourist-y purposes), I had to show them my passport because they thought I was underage.
- I once dreamed that I was in some sort of fantasy/supernatural/action plot where I jumped off a high balcony (because I had to and bad guys were chasing me) and then I remember thinking I wouldn’t like to hit the ground and die so I instantly teleported somewhere else. lol 🙂 Talk about my overactive imagination.
Renee @ Addicted to Romance
Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books
Nyze @ Everything Nyze
Cynthia @ Bingeing on Books
Barbara @ My Bibliophile Mind
Stephanie @ Stephanie’s Book Reviews
Kimi, Ann, and Aubrey @ Geeky Chiquitas
Kim and Cyn @ Book Munchies
Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf
Jennifer @ Some Like It Paranormal
- Who’s your current book boyfriend?
- What was your favorite read for 2014?
- What is your favorite romance trope, if any?
- Which book from your favorites pile do you recommend the most?
- What’s your favorite color?
- Pick a book from your bookshelf with that same color. Which one is it?
- What is your favorite series at the moment, if any?
- Which of the four elements are you (earth, wind, water, fire) and why?
- If you could have a drink or coffee or tea with one author, either living or dead, who would it be?
- What is your most anticipated book this 2015?
There you go! My extra-serving of the Liebster Award post. Thank you again to Emmanuel, Monique, and Anissa for their nominations. I hope you guys can check out the blogs that I nominated for this. Happy New Year!